Customer Ratings & Reviews
It’s been two decades since Amazon included the stars and customer feedback at the product level. They have had great development and their future is promising.
They have a clear impact on conversion
- More than 80% of consumers read reviews and ratings online before purchasing a product (store/online). Especially for high-cost, risky products. It oscillates on a large average depending on the product category. There is a clear upward trend of its impact on conversion.
- Still 30% of retail chains do not communicate any kind of assessments (stars) or comments.
- At the individual product level, conversion greatly increases after the first 5 reviews and comments become visible.
- The impact of negative valuations is increasing on chains. 2 out of 3 customers are predisposed to express their negative rating against a bad shopping experience.
- In 3 out of 4 of these negative cases, the main reason originates from operational elements and is generated after the transaction.
There are already consolidated best practices for its content, communication and implementation
- Help keep comments from being too brief. A revision with 400 characters has 2.3 timesmoreimpact than another with only 20 characters.
- Make it easier forother client s to highlight the usefulness or not of that comment. No opinions have the same value.
- Some negative comments provide credibility and authenticity to opinions. “Too good to beauthentic.” An average product rating of 4.2 – 4.7 (out of 5) is the range with the highest impact in conversion.
- Set email reminders to encourage post-purchase product evaluations. 80% of ratings are generated by email. Take advantage of optimal periods by product type, from 7 days (for campaign items) to 21 days (e.g. appliances, giving opportunity for use) from the time of the transaction.
Q & A. Section and User Generated Content
- Feedback structured and fostered by the chain itself. Segmented based on demographic profile and usage. With an emphasis on those attributes that are key to conversion according to each product category.
- The latest reviews are always best rated by other consumers and further facilitate an improvement in the SEO positioning of the product.
- Verified opinions always provide greater credibility than anonymous opinions.
- Syndicated actions with External Marks and other Partners that make it easier to obtain ratings in less time.
- The use of content generated by the users themselves (UGC). Use and use of feedback and visuals in the various channels of customer interaction including social networks and conventional media.
- Accompanying assessments with visuals or videos increases their impact by 4.
- The customer wants a response to their feedback. Depending on the nature of the incident, quickly within 24-48 hours.
- Presentation of evaluations not only on individual product pages. Optimize your impact with your selective presence also on home page and product category pages.
- A Q&A section (detailed questions and answers) on the product page is clearly appreciated by customers and positively impacts conversion
In the future, they will increasingly have an impact on operational improvements, product and customer experience.
Advanced and personalized analysis of all customer-produced content allows you to:
- Improving individual products or item line
- Streamlining the assortment
- Optimizing pricing
- Identify new uses and customer segments for our products
- Improved communication and description of individual products covering those attributes identified as key to the customer
- Decentralization of customer service. Local power with technological support from software tools like Critizr.
- Optimal tool to motivate and incentivize the internal teams of the chains. Not always with negative content.
- Integration within the process to test new products and services.
- Q&A system that provides interactive conversations between the customers themselves.
- Close linking for improved client experience (CX).
- Greater focus on reviews on fitting and clothing sizes, where there is a large rotation of models with very short lifespans.
- Use and communication to engage customers with those improvements/changes already made thanks to their comments.
- Launch of programs aimed at highlighting the opinions of those customers whose opinion is most relevant to other consumers. Example Amazon VINE program.
Your customers’ feedback provides credibility and trust. The resources used in this area will have a high return.
- It is not enough to have it… they need to be optimized by incorporating the already proven best practices that are appropriate for each sector. Its coste is relatively low and have clear operational implications.
- Your development will go hand in hand with improving the customer experience (CX).
- This positive spiral of confidence materializes into greater conversion.
- The planned reduction in conventional marketing budgets entails the opportunity for a greater emphasis on digital and social marketing that will facilitate the use of user-generated content (UGC).
Circular and prescriptive marketing: do we take the most of it?
Más info: email@example.com
Sources: American Marketing Association. CMO Survey, BazaarVoice, Brightpearl, Critizr, NorthWestern University, Olapic Monotype, Power Review, Salesforce Research, Trustpilot