ROBLOX. Creativity that hooks
Listening to the customer is no longer enough
Innovative content platform that makes it easy to develop and enjoy video games to more than 160 million active users for almost 3 hours a day. More than half are niñ@s under the age of 12.
Coding is no longer a barrier. 1 million users develop their video games, earning a total payment of $250 million. This remuneration is quantified based on the acceptance of each game.
It effectively disperses that creative power by integrating its own users into the business model. It is the natural quarry of the developers of the apps of the future
Quadrilling your sales over the past 3 years, up to $1 billion by 2020, is never easy. It still doesn’t give a profit. ROBLOX imminent IPO will be a good opportunity to validate the expectations your investors have had in the business.
The competition is strong, Epic Games, Minecraft, Unity… ROBLOX has achieved some important differentiating elements at the base of its model:
- Facilitador del “NO CODIGO” poniendo a mano de cualquiera la elaboración de nuevos videojuegos
- Facilitator of the “NO CODE” by putting at the hand of anyone the elaboration of new video games
- Freemium with subscriptions of $5 to $20/month
- Market place specific among its users
- Making “Content” the true king of business
- With a focus very focus on a particular age segment
- Lightweight structure. Total of 800 employees across the company
Retail is not immune to this phenomenon. Implications
In a sector such as Retail, where there are still chains with difficulties in proactively listening to their customers, opportunities will arise to implement practices related to those of ROBLOX where customers themselves “replace” their centralized product teams feeling part of a related social network, creating, enjoying and even being remunerated for it.
Fasten your seat belts!
Más info: email@example.com
Sources: Roblox Accounts, Material IPO Roblox Nov 2020, Rex Woodbury, Scott Galloway